Head of the Don 2021
Head of the Don
Sponsored by Doncaster Rowing Club and Doncaster Schools’ Rowing Association.
Sunday 7th November 2021
Entries close at 3:00pm on Thursday 28th October 2021
Draw will take place at 3pm on Sunday 31st October 2021 at The Boathouse.
Held under British Rowing’s Rules of Racing and Rowsafe
All events are raced upstream over a 4000m course on the River Don, boating from Hexthorpe Park, Doncaster. Easy access from A1, M1 and M18.
Division 1: 10:30 am.
Division 2: 2:30 pm.
Events are offered in the following categories, for Open, Women, Mixed and Junior.
Prizes will only be awarded to the fastest crews where 2 or more crews race in a particular event category. Pennants will be awarded to the fastest Open crew and fastest Women's crew.
Entries and Entry Fees:
Entries to be made through the BROE2 system. Entry may be suspended early in one or more
divisions should they exceed capacity. Payments should be paid online via BROE2 or can be
made directly to Doncaster Rowing Club by cheque on the day. No crews will be permitted to race
before payment has been received.
NOTE: In accordance with the British Rowing Rules of Racing, events may be banded at the time
of the draw, using current ranking index or, in the case of Master rowers, the crew age
category(s). Master’s categories will be combined to provide competition if necessary.
Senior/Masters events: £9 per seat; Junior events: £6 per seat.
Event Secretary: Carol McGlone 07752 270636 email@example.com
Entries Secretary: Helen Pogmore 07828 596028 firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Entry:
▪ The Race is open to all club and composite crews and is held under British Rowing Rules of Racing.
▪ This is a demanding event and crews and their coxswains must be sufficiently competent to race.
Anyone whom the marshals consider to not be competent will not be allowed to race.
▪ All competitors must ensure that they have and are wearing adequate, warm clothing and should take
these with them in the boat for the waits at the start and finish. Competitors whom the marshals
deem to be inadequately dressed will not be allowed to boat.
▪ Clubs must ensure that all boats entered in the race have sufficient buoyancy to ensure all crew
members are adequately protected in the event of either a swamping or capsizing of the boat.
▪ The draw will take place on Sunday, 31st October 2021 and will be published on the Doncaster Rowing
Club website: https://doncasterrowingclub.com/head-of-the-don
▪ A minimum of two entries from two different clubs are required to form an event. If insufficient entries
are received, the entries will be placed in the next status or age group for the class of boat unless an
alternative is clearly stated. Please use the comments facility on BROE2 to flag up if a change of status
is a possibility. The Entries Secretary will endeavour to contact club secretaries and to resolve any
difficulties. Please provide contact phone numbers for daytime and evening for this purpose.
▪ Entry fees are not refundable once the draw is published. Should it be necessary to cancel the event in
whole or in part, the Race Committee will consider the refund of Entry Fees minus any non-recoverable
expenses. We will make every effort to ensure that any doubling-up has been catered for, but it is the
competitors’ responsibility to be at the start on time.
▪ Competitors must provide their own boats and blades.
▪ Clubs are reminded that it is their responsibility to insure their equipment.
▪ Coxes requiring dead weights must bring their own, clearly identifiable, weights. Coxes will not be
weighed before their race. However, the weight of coxes of winning crews may be checked after the
▪ Racing licence presentation may be requested prior to racing, crew substitution, or prize giving.
▪ Every effort shall be made to accommodate Adaptive entries. Please contact the Entries Secretary for
▪ The Race Committee reserves the right to alter the list of entries after publication. Every reasonable
effort shall be made to ensure all entries are able to race.
▪ Entrants for Junior events should indicate if they are NOT willing to be moved to a Senior Category if
there are insufficient entries in their nominated Junior event.
▪ Prize giving will take place after all racing is finished, although any early winners may collect their
prizes from Race Control before then.
▪ Further information, including the Safety Plan, Competitor Instructions, Directions and The Draw will be posted below: